Autoscopy

 

For my Autoscopy project, I was inspired by nightmares. Autoscopy, an experience where someone perceives their surrounding environment in a different perspective, inspired me to think about an experience in my dreams, where everything is completely altered. This idea of an altered perspective and reality immediately led me to think about nightmares. For me, when I recall my nightmares, the images of the devil or skeletons, and dark demon smoke comes to mind. I wanted to incorporate those images in altering my self-portrait. I began with a simple selfie of mine and then used adobe photoshop to layer images and alter the hues of the original to create an eery image. In order to make my self-portrait fit into a nightmare, I selected 4 other images from the internet that I could layer. 

Using adobe photoshop, I place embedded the bottom left smoky dark image as a background. Then I place embedded the self-portrait of myself on top of the smoky background. To make the image of myself match the tone of the background, I added a hue adjustment layer to alter the hue, lightness, and coloring of myself. Then I had to select and mask myself, using the quick selection tool, and refine the brush tool, and then create a new layer with a new mask layer. The next layer I selected was the skull layer, which I masked as well, and selected half of it to mold to my face. I also altered the opacity of the skull to make it blend better with my face. The next image I masked was the evil red eyeball. I moved the eye around to line up my own eye, so it would blend nicely with the original layer. Lastly, I added and masked the devil horns. I masked first one of the horns, and moved it to where it would work, and then masked and moved the other one. After all my layers were placed, I added my logo!








Comments

  1. I really like how your end result turned out. I think it was a cool idea to make each half of your face look different. It was also a good use of the hue adjustment tool to make sure that your selfie blended nicely with the smokey background. The dark and eerie theme was also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your results, I think that the end product turned out very well. And I love your story behind it, I feel it fits the product. I love the idea of the 2 faces, it definitely goes with the eerie theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this project, everything correlates perfectly making the final product look super good. I like that the photo is dark because it makes it look more like the devil. Everything looks super good overall a very good product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary, which since you said it's based off your nightmares I assume you were going for! It's very Halloween-y. It would've been perfect if this project lined up with October lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy looking at this project because it is dark and mysterious (exactly how I made mine). My favorite component of all are the devil horns above your head because every person has a dark side to them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya, your autoscopy project is fantastic! I really enjoy the dark red and black color scheme. The way you mapped the skull over your face is perfect. The description you gave of how you matched the hues and tones of the images was very thorough and I can learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this so much that I used it as for inspiration to my project! The horns look cool, but your face looks even better with the zombie-like addition to it. 10/10.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pixels: Somewhere

InDesign: Business Card