Pixels: Somewhere

 

For this project, I was inspired by the environment and setting from the movie Avatar. I wanted to replicate the woman in the image on the left. I used photoshop to trasnport an image of myself into that setting. Using the adobe photoshop for this project was quite tricky for me at first. I had to watch and find several tutorials that would help explain the process. I first embedded the original image of myself onto a new file. I used the lasso tool and selected and masked the image. Before doing this, and in order to use the onion mask, I created a bright green layer. This served as a green screen. I used the selection tool and the polygon tool holding the option key, to select the part of the original image I would transport into the Avatar. I selected just by body, and carefully zoomed and edited to make sure it was as clean as possible. I then had to take some steps to prepare the selected portion to be copy and pasted (inverted, control delete, select as new mask and layer, etc). I then copied the selected cut out portion of myself, and pasted that on a seperate file, that had my Avatar background embedded. I altered the image to fit and replicate the woman. Then, in order to make myself appear more in character, I used the paint tool, altering the opacity and color, to change the look of my clothes and my skin. In addition, I noticed the there were colorful water ripples around the woman feet in the original image, so I replicated that around my shoes as well. 

Comments

  1. Anya, how you did this project is very impressive. I love how you added the water ripples on the ground around you and the characters feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anya, this project turned out so cool. The way you added the colors around your feet to match the person that was in the photo worked perfectly. The color adjustments that you made to yourself looks great as well. I love how this project turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anya this project is absolutely stunning to me. It looks like you could have taken a lot of time to accomplish. The colors match perfect with the setting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anya! This project turned out really cool. It definitely looks like you took some time to create this as the photo of yourself fits perfectly with the photo. You did an amazing job with the lighting and changing around the hue/saturation to make everything match. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anya,
    This project is very cool. I like the colors and the theme that you chose. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anya! This project looks amazing, I think you did an awesome job on editing yourself in and changing the colors and lighting to make it look like you were really there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

InDesign: Business Card