Vectors: Logo


Above are the 4 versions of logos I created! For this project, I wanted to create something that would represent who I am. My identity, and where I call home, are the two most important things to me. Thats why I wanted to incorporate my "Cancer" zodiac sign symbol, and other symbols that represent Poland and specifically Warsaw, where I am from. To create the logo, I first started by using the line segment shape tool to create the "P" and bottom half "W". I used the curvature tool to alter the letter to my liking. Next, I used the pencil tool, to draw out the mermaid tail on each side of the symbol. In the middle of the "P" I used the paint tool to draw my cancer zodiac sign symbol. After creating each of the shapes, I selected them, and used the shape builder tool to merge them into one solid shape. For the color versions of my logo, I wanted to use colors that compliment each other the most, so that they might be visually appealing. 
This above is the "Kotwica" symbol, a World War II emblem of the Polish Underground Army State. This is a commonly and widely recognized symbol in Poland, that shapes the main figure of my logo. Next, I wanted to incorporate a more specific symbol to the city in Poland where my family lives, and I am from. To do so, I was inspired by the "Mermaid of Warsaw" symbol. This symbol is recognized throughout all of Warsaw in the form of a statue in the center city, on the city's coat of arms, and other art. The story of the mermaid is fairly simple. The legend says the mermaid, the  “syrenka” in Polish,  originated from the Baltic Sea. The mermaid supposedly swam up the Vistula River, now known as Warsaw's old town.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pixels: Somewhere

Autoscopy

InDesign: Business Card